https://downeylaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/attorney-south-carolina-3.jpg 450 450 slmeier https://downeylaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/bankruptcy-south-carolina-1.jpg slmeier2012-10-31 00:40:282017-01-14 18:00:13Chapter 7
- You may prefer Chapter 7 if you are on fixed income, low-income or have business related debts.
- Chapter 7 does not relieve the obligation to make late mortgage, car, child-support or tax payments in the long term.
- Chapter 7 fees must be paid prior to filing and often range between $3,000.00 and $8,000.00.
- Most Chapter 7 cases last between 4 and 6 months.
- Relief from creditors starts the minute the case is filed.
- Some debts are not forgiven such as student loans, some taxes, DUIs and child support obligations.